Update on Friends of Ruby services
In order to follow updated guidelines from Toronto Public Health and to help curb the spread of COVID-19, Friends of Ruby will have limited services until further notice. While this will mostly affect the number of people allowed at the youth centre (489 Queen St. East) and in-person programming, we want to be clear: we will continue to be here for you during this time.
Virtual programs are still on and you can still set up meetings with counsellors and case managers. If you have any questions about programs and services at this time, or require information about accessing essential services, please reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org or call during drop-in hours, 416-359-0237.
Updated drop-in hours: The drop-in space will be primarily open for use of bathrooms, phones and computers. Limit of 1 person inside our drop-in space for computer/phone usage. 30-minute time limit for computers, and 15-minute time limit for phone. We’ll have grab-and-go meals available at the front desk on days we are open and groceries on Friday.
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – Closed
Wednesday – 1:30pm-4:30pm
Thursday – 1:30pm-4:30pm
Friday – 1:30pm-4:30pm
- Drop-in space will primarily be open during restricted hours for use of bathroom, phones and computers, or by special appointment
- Groceries, grab-and-go meals, snacks, harm reduction kits, menstrual kits, and personal care products will be available for pick up at the front desk
- No indoor dining at the drop-in space until further notice
- Case management services available by phone, video call, and online chat by appointment
- Mental health services are available through chat, phone, and video options by appointment
- No in-person groups or programming, until further notice
- Weekly virtual programs are still on:
- QTBIPOC Art Therapy on Tuesday from 2:30pm-4pm
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
- Wear a mask or face covering when in crowded spaces outdoors and in all indoor areas that are not your primary living space
- Maintain 6 ft distance with all persons, when possible, when outside your primary living space
- Limit trips outside and avoid in-person social gatherings with those outside your living space
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds when coming and going from new environments and if possible, carry hand sanitizer
Stay connected with Friends of Ruby: