Call for Submissions
Welcoming and inviting all 2SLGBTQIA+ creatives to submit writing or art for our first digital zine.
Deadline is: April 1st, 2023
Friends of Ruby is now welcoming and inviting all 2SLGBTQIA+ creatives to submit any form of writing or art for our first digital zine.
The zine will be focused on 2SLGBTQIA+ narratives and will act as a celebration and commemoration for all the different ways queerness has historically looked, presently looks and can look in the future. It will accept any submissions that are related to 2SLGBTQIA+ culture, history, identity, self-expression, etc. whether it’s a personal essay on your experience of coming out, a photo series dedicated to 2SLGBTQIA+ rave culture in Toronto or a poem about your first experiences of love.
Friends of Ruby is hoping to create a publication that is intersectional and reflective of all of the different folks in our community. We will be accepting all submissions from 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals ages 16-29 and are highly encouraging submissions from any 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals that also belong to any other marginalized groups.
- Must be a 2SLGBTQIA+ individual ages 16-29
- Written submissions must have full name and age and be submitted in PDF formatting or Microsoft word
- Art submissions of drawings, paintings, mixed media or photographs must be submitted in PDF formatting or JPEG
- Work does not have to be unpublished in order to be submitted or considered
- Deadlines for submissions are April 1st 2023
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your submissions or if you have any questions or pitches!